Monday, June 28, 2010

Week One of 90 Day Challenge

Last week, was the beginning of our
90 Day Sister Challenge...

First let me begin by saying I began
this week full of hope and determination.
I began my PX90 video tapes and walking
in the evening with my son (that part is
more for him them me). I ate great, I even
skipped my own "Birthday Cake"
All and All, I felt great........

And then, this morning came....


You see, me and the scale have this
love hate relationship... more hate
than love. So once again, I stepped
on the scale with much hesitation.
I hesitate cause I fear the number.
I fear the failure, I fear the
disappointment
. I fear I will quit.

But not this time, I will not allow
the number of the scale to defeat me.
It is not the number here that is
important, it is being healthy. So,
am I upset that the scale did not
change... still 173. No, I feel
triumph cause I ate healthier. I
made good food choices, I exercised
daily and felt the burn, the pain.

This is a 90 day plus forever journey.
So this week was just the beginning,
regardless of what the results were.

"Long-range goals keep you from being
frustrated by short-term failures."

So, I look back at this past week and
make small changes and remain positive.

Kudo to my sis for taking it off...
Keep up the good work and remember,
" I am watching... I am cheering you on..
Win or lose, we will walk away from this
healthier."

And with that, I leave you with this.

"What lies behind us, and what lies
before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Thats right, don't let the scale control how you feel. Just had that conversation with Vinnie tonight, that just thinks it so easy to go back to what I was in High School. Some people will never get the struggles of weight. It's not easy, so keep it up, you can do it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I saw that you stopped by my blog (The Style Geek) the other day, so I decided to check yours out. So glad I did! 1.) It's ADORABLE! 2.) I am so encouraged by this blog post, especially the quote "Long term goals keep you from being frustrated by short term failures." I need to be CONTINUALLY reminded of that with my career goals.
    As far as your weight loss journey is concerned, I have been there and while it IS a process, I am living proof that you CAN do it and keep it off! I'm definitely gonna stop back by your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete